What washes up on tiny beaches? Microwaves! Get it? Please hold your applause. Speaking of waves, have you had enough water today? If not, your skin is probably thirsty. We often ignore proper skin care until our skin is peeling, dry, and cracked. It’s important to stay proactive, though, especially when it comes to the state of your feet!
Your skin is the largest organ on your body. Don't leave it feeling like an arid desert. Instead, imagine more of a desert oasis, complete with lush palm trees and polka dot beach umbrellas! That’s what it will feel like if you follow these tips to prevent dry skin:
- Drink an ample amount of water. Feel refreshed and hydrated while guzzling a glass of cool water. Your skin will thank you for the extra support.
- Add moisture to the air. Your skin will naturally absorb moisture given off from humidifiers throughout your home or office.
- Looking for an overnight treatment? Apply moisturizer, Shea butter, or petroleum jelly to your feet directly before bedtime. Sleep with a pair of socks on to trap the moisture. Your feet will feel brand new by sunrise.
- While bathing, gently rid your feet of dry skin and calluses with the use of a pumice stone. The dead skin will be soft from the warmth of the tub and removal will be an all-to-easy feat.
- Avoid open-toed shoes and sandals. Wear shoes that provide adequate protection.
If your skin continues to feel dry, visit Dr. Darren Silvester at Next Step Foot and Ankle Clinic here in Pleasanton, TX. Don't take for granted the great state of your skin. Even if your feet feel top-notch, dry skin can strike at any moment. If your skin is naturally dry or if you have a pre-existing skin condition such as eczema or psoriasis, you may require extra care. Call our office today by dialing (830) 569-3338 or request your appointment online. We'll now applaud YOU for taking the first steps to better health and great skin!