Next Step Foot & Ankle Clinic has a Referral Management Center (RMC) to coordinate consults, referrals and schedule appointments for two providers. We value your referrals and want to ensure that your patients are treated with the kindness and respect they deserve along with timely service. As a referring physician, your patient usually can be seen in any of our locations within 2 business days. Emergencies will be seen on the same or next day. All new patient consults / visits will be followed up with notes to the referring physician. There are three ways to refer your patient to Next Step Foot & Ankle Clinic.
- Please address the Referrals To: Next Step Foot & Ankle Clinic (NPI#1942281878). We have two podiatrists on staff and will determine the appropriate physician to see the patient depending on the condition, physician's specialty and availability. If you are using Leading Reach, the NPIs for the podiatrists on staff are as follows (Bills 1205221173, Silvester 1073792883).
- For all HMO referrals, we require an APPROVED AUTHORIZATION number from the insurance company. NO PENDING AUTHORIZATIONS, please.
- Please request the following codes for all authorizations regardless of condition:
- New Patient Office Visit: 99201-99205 x 1
- Established Patient Office Visit: 99211-99215 x 2
- Injections: 20550-20605 x 2
- Nerve Block: 64450 x 2
- Matrixectomy: 11750 x 1
- Wound Care: 11042 x 3
- X-Rays: 73600,73610, 73620,73630, 73660
- Cam Walker: L4361
- Orthotics: L3000
Please FAX your referral to our Referral Management Center at 830.569.6833.
We ask that you attach a face sheet, referring physician's NPI, treatment note, referral, approved authorization and copy of insurance card if available. Once received, we will contact your patient directly to set up their initial consult / comprehensive foot and ankle exam. At that point a Next Step Foot & Ankle Clinic call center representative will contact your patient and schedule the appointment. We will notify the referring provider upon any initial appointment cancellations. All insurance benefits and eligibility requirements will be handled by our staff so you can be assured your patient can focus on getting better, faster.
A representative from your office may also call Next Step Foot & Ankle Clinic to schedule a comprehensive foot and ankle evaluation for your patient. An appointment will be scheduled immediately for your patient.
Please CALL Vanessa at our Referral Management Center at 210.729.6107
3. PATIENT'S RESPONSIBILITY
The patient may call directly to schedule a referred visit to our clinics. Please provide them one of our business cards or provider cards to remind them to give us a call. Our provider cards have a map on the back for each location. If you need business or provider cards, please call and we will promptly provide you with more.
Why Choose Next Step Foot & Ankle Clinic
We take our relationships with our physicians very seriously.
- Clinical notes will be provided back to the referring physician after the initial visit.
- We provide flexible hours for convenient scheduling.
- We verify all insurance benefits and eligibility prior to the patients comprehensive foot exam.
- We are contracted with most major insurance providers.
- We offer convenient parking at all clinic locations.
Thank you for your referrals. Please call if you have any questions.